[asterisk-biz] Nice Opportunity but Unique Challenge

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Mon Oct 30 07:37:21 MST 2006

	Outside the US, people faking wire transfers to the US are mostly safe
from getting caught, except maybe if it exceeds $50K and the FBI thinks
they're "terrorists". Even inside the US, people faking wire tranfers
sometimes kill recipients who catch on. Though if the amount is large
enough, and the business partners are part of a large political
conspiracy, the FBI might send them to jail - for the wire fraud:
http://www.google.com/search?q=kidan+wire .

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 08:49 +0000, Linus Surguy wrote:
> > Read his post again, he said "PREPAID".  Not much room for a scam there
> > unless you allow destinations that you should not, like NuFone did.
>
> This is a general comment and certainly not focused at the OP.
>
> A reminder - if you deal in prepaid, make sure that the funds are in your
> bank account before allowing your client to spend it. I know of too many
> VoIP businesses that have gone out of business because they placed trust in
> a facsimiled copy of a wire transfer receipt.
>
> Linus

(C) Matthew Rubenstein