Re: [asterisk-biz] How Realistic is Hosted VoIP for SMBs?

Josh Tipping josh at jtcomputers.biz
Sun Oct 29 22:10:49 MST 2006

I disagree that the cost element is necessarily lesser. Bandwidth is very expensive in some places. I also feel that the quality of service of a hosted solution would be less than a local server on the office LAN. There are some good hosted solutions, sure, but ultimately a LAN is a much more stable and reliable network than the internet. In fact, my business targets small business to provide full featured PBX and phone packages that are extremely cost effective, as i believe it is ultimately far better for a business to purchase a complete, local system. This also negates the need for in-house expertise or maintenance, that is all taken care of.

Hosted solutions definately have their place, but i think a local server is still a better solution in many cases.

Josh
josh at cgrid.com.au
  _____