[asterisk-biz] Looking for a toll-free carrier

Brian Scott brian at tierra.net
Tue Oct 24 15:30:03 MST 2006

Hi,

We are an independent toll-free RESP ORG, looking for a toll-free
carrier that can handle the following arrangement:

We want to be able to CIC new toll-free numbers at a toll-free carrier,
and have them start routing those numbers in near real-time. We're not
looking for anyone to handle porting/LOA/etc. -- all we need is to be
able to take our own toll-free numbers within SMS and CIC them at a
toll-free carrier without any paperwork or manual intervention.

I wouldn't mind if we had to hit an API, etc. to notify the carrier of a
new TFN, but I think it's ridiculous to have to wait 7-10 days for a
carrier to "provision" a number, when all they are doing is updating
their system to accept the traffic.

I would prefer delivery via SIP, but PSTN would work too.

Brian Scott
TierraNet Inc.