[asterisk-biz] DID Sprint->Vonage->Self?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Oct 19 11:54:06 MST 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 02:49:40PM -0400, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 01:33:24PM -0400, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> >>	Is there any reason to believe that Vonage will stop me from porting
> >>the old Sprint# out? I plan to keep my existing Vonage phone#, even
> >>after I port the old Sprint# away from my Vonage account. FWIW, I'm
> >>using about 100min:mo on the old Sprint#, and am open to other
> >>strategies.
> >
> >*I* have reason to believe they would, but others here tell me in no
> >uncertain terms that I'm wrong.  Check the archives from a couple weeks
> >back...
>
> 	I have heard that Vonage makes it VERY difficult to port your number
> out.  Well, the blame may not fall entirely on Vonage (some combination
> of Vonage + LEC I'm sure).  Either way, I would look for an alternate
> solution.

The thread was on the 5th, titled "porting numbers from vonage",
amazingly enough; Greg Broiles asserted that he had done it with no
problem; I think a couple other people said so as well.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_