[asterisk-biz] Anyone try to call VoIP Supply?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Fri Oct 13 14:28:30 MST 2006

	Snowstorms and power outages are understandable reasons for business
closures. But Asterisk offers flexible call routing and voicemail to
address disaster preparedness. VoIPSupply sells packaged HW/SW, and
isn't an Asterisk developer, so this doesn't strike as close to home.
But keeping phone connectivity up despite network/office problems is one
of the major selling points of VoIP. If they sold network gear (they do)
or servers and their website were down because it depended on a machine
in their vulnerable office, that would reflect on their use of the
technology they sell. This snowstorm is unusually severe for so early,
but in Buffalo they expect these kinds of problems. I'd expect their
phone access, even just to a status message, to stay up in expectation
of these kinds of problems.

	This is not a reflection on VoIPSupply compared to competitors or
anyone else in particular. I think it's more a reflection on the newness
of the industry, and the general tendency of "Internet" suppliers not to
"eat their own dogfood".

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 15:33 -0400, Matt wrote:
> Well maybe it is a power outage.. I tried calling a few other places
> on sonwil drive and they also are coming up busy or ring-no-answer.
>
> On 10/13/06, Matt <mhoppes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah.. I just posted a question about this to the regular list.
> >
> > Our sales guy has been offline for 2+ days.  Their 800, and direct
> > lines are FAST busy (not busy).. canadian store and blogs are offline.
> >  Did they have a fire or something?  I just ordered from them on
> > Friday of last week... and got my item on Tuesday.
> >
> > On 10/13/06, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > All their phones are busy.... I guess they just totally gave up on
> > > customer service....

(C) Matthew Rubenstein