[asterisk-biz] Fonality acquires trixbox

Lists Lists at ropeguru.com
Fri Oct 6 06:44:13 MST 2006

I don't think that Fonality actually AQUIRED TrixBox. I think it is more of a sponsorship for its development.

Robert

P.S. - I apologize in advance for the reply formatting. I am using a web based email at the moment that is very limited in formatting the original message.

On 10/5/06, Ariel Batista wrote:
> I don't under stand why Fonality would buy an open source setup.
>
>Maybe it's just to take 'control' of it?
>>
> Also Trixbox is just packaging Asterisk, with other items including Freepbx
> which is an GPL item.
>Exactly, how can you buy that. Why would you? See above.....

> And the Freepbx works great for Business and in my view is far better then
> Fonality which I have used as well and setup.

Hmm, a pattern is emerging here ;)

> On 10/5/06, Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:
> > For the business TrixBox is too amateur, too much of hassle.

Too amateur? What are you basing these assumptions on? The fact it is
easy to get going? After that it's as professional as you want to make
it, it is Asterisk underneath afterall.

Mike