[asterisk-biz] Fonality acquires trixbox

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:25:37 MST 2006

On 10/5/06, Ariel Batista <arielb27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't under stand why Fonality would buy an open source setup.

Maybe it's just to take 'control' of it?

> Also Trixbox is just packaging Asterisk, with other items including Freepbx
> which is an GPL item.
Exactly, how can you buy that. Why would you? See above.....

> And the Freepbx works great for Business and in my view is far better then
> Fonality which I have used as well and setup.

Hmm, a pattern is emerging here ;)

> On 10/5/06, Sergey Kuznetsov <asterisk_biz at deeptown.org> wrote:
> > For the business TrixBox is too amateur, too much of hassle.

Too amateur? What are you basing these assumptions on? The fact it is
easy to get going? After that it's as professional as you want to make
it, it is Asterisk underneath afterall.

Mike