[asterisk-biz] RE: If money is not a consideration who gives thebest SIP termination??

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Nov 22 23:02:46 MST 2006

If money was not a consideration then why would you go with SIP at all
unless it is coming over point to point data links?

Global Crossing offers SIP service but the cost is basically the same as
TDM (at least with our agreement) and comes as dedicated bandwidth.  The
upside of this is no TDM equipment on our end such as Sangoma or Digium
cards and dedicated servers to translate our DS3 (28 T1s) into SIP (a
fairly large hardware investment, although, small in the TDM world).  I
also assume that calls delivered by a major carrier over dedicated lines
would have absolutely no echo issues and negligable ping times as well
(another huge plus).

Why risk SIP over the public internet if money is not a consideration
but quality is?  The answer there is TDM.

That being said, if money *is* an issue but so is quality (knowing the
trade-offs, ins and outs of VoIP), who can offer origination and
termination with LNP of 1,000 toll free numbers and approx 5million
minutes a month?  Mostly inbound toll free for a call center application
and outbound of about 1million minutes (quickly ramping up) of outbound
LD to the US 48 for a calling card application?  We could easily see 10
million minutes in the next six months or so.

On top of that, who if anyone can offer a co-lo in the DC metro area
(other areas considered) to keep latency down?

If anyone can do that, I would LOVE to talk to you.

Thanks,
Steve