[asterisk-biz] Caller*ID Name solution for Asterisk

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Nov 22 03:41:31 MST 2006

>>>>> "Andres" == Andres <andres at telesip.net> writes:

Andres> To be precise here.  I get frequent calls from Cellular Phones
Andres> in our house (Miami).  Our POTS line is from BellSouth and the
Andres> callers are from Cingular, T-Mobile, MetroPCS.  I get Caller
Andres> Name on all of those calls.

They probably have something in their FL peering contracts, or perhaps
it is a service of the local tandem.

Calls from Sprint cells to NV Bell landlines in Reno will also, by
default, provide the account owner's name.  (Or at least did, when
I last had a Sprint phone.)  But that can be disabled on a per-line
basis.

-JimC