[asterisk-biz] Caller*ID Name solution for Asterisk

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Nov 21 13:21:37 MST 2006

Got Name Support wrote:

> Hi Folks.
>
> Since most ITSP's don't provide CallerID name services, we've come up
> with a simple way to add the feature to Asterisk.
>
> Please see http://www.got-name.com/ for details.   Basically, it
> involves the addition of a single line to extensions.conf to use the
> service, which is pre-pay.
>
> Everyone from casual home users to call centers and ITSP's are
> welcome to use the service.  We have no minimum commitments.  Each
> dip costs 1.5 cents.  Volume discounts are also available.

I just tried this and it does not work will cell phones in Miami.  I
just get a Caller Name of 'Cell Phone FL'.  Bummer.  Land lines seem to
work fine.  If I call from the cell phone to a regular POTS line we do
get the actual Caller Name so I know its in the CNAM database.  Any
idea why it does not work with you guys?

> Thanks,
>
> Steve and the entire Got-Name team

Andres
Technical Support