[asterisk-biz] Termination to 44780, UK Premium?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Nov 16 09:52:52 MST 2006

On 11/16/06, Peter Beckman <beckman at purplecow.com> wrote:

>   Right now the only rate I have from the providers I use is USD$0.36/min.
>   Another provider, while publishing a rate of 0.0141, informed me after
>   calls failed that, oh yeah, our upstream provider is blocking those
>   numbers because they are premium.  Joy.

That is common, unfortunately people block +44 8* which includes 800 or
freephone.  There ius a lot of people getting numbers that they get revenue
off of, then finding providers that will route to them (often not knowing
the full cost) and do hundreds of thousands of minutes.  In about 2000 +44
7xx numbers were used that way real big, and infact there was a case that
happened in America over this activity where it was deemed legal to do,
although not exactly liked.  The case was drawn out for about 4 years, at
which time AT&T was ordered to restore service to Audiotext.

It wouldnt be a problem if people charged what it cost instead of trying to
charge a really low rate then getting upset that someone actually used them
for that traffic.The only thing I dislike more are the people that advertise
routes they dont have, such as what you described (although it applies more
than to that type of a destination).  A provider that advertises US48 flat
rate for $0.001/min no ratios then blacklists everything that isnt tollfree
...  Stuff like that.  Next are the ones that advertise $xx/mo and tack on
25-30% in extra fees ...  sigh now I am just ranting.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 712 432 7999
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!