[asterisk-biz] VoicePulse engaged in very dubious business practices

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed May 31 18:30:10 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On Wednesday 31 May 2006 15:53, Moshe Maeir wrote:
>

>>I read your whole letter and I really don't understand your  gripe. You
>>did not delete all your DIDs.  You had an active DID by them, so they
>>charged you. Are they to blame if you forgot to delete it.
>>To me it seems that you took unfair advantage of the fact that
>>chargebacks cost merchants money, and pressured them to credit you. We
>>have customers who do that and even though we know they are wrong - it
>>just doesn't pay to pursue  a debt of 30-40 dollars which will involve a
>>chargeback - but does that make them right?
>>

>It's the spirit of the conversation.  If I had a customer who had not used
>service, disconected all but one DID and otherwise had nothing to do with us,
>including turning off the auto-renew and I charged him anyway...  and after
>discovering the card was no longer valid to hunt around to find another card
>with the same name and charge that...
>
>... do you not think they went to excessive lengths to charge him?  I sure do.
>And I'd be pissed, too.
>
>Sure, he didn't deactivate a DID but auto-renew was *off* -- at the very worst
>he should have gotten warnings about nonpayment, then had the DID removed
>from service for nonpayment.
>
>It's *NOT* alright for a business to go to these lengths to get paid.

I have seen them do this to me on a vp retail account. I used the web
portal to change the credit card on file for my retail account. They
charged the card I had previously used when the new one declined. I
called them and they refunded the amount charged although I told them
funds would not be available on the new one for a few more days.

I sympathize with you all. My advice is to never use credit cards or
money at all. Find a voip provider who will accept things in trade like
fruits, vegetables and chickens.