[asterisk-biz] VoicePulse engaged in very dubious business practices

VoIP Dealer voipdealer at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 14:29:15 MST 2006

First of all, we don't know that they went digging through other accounts for a card to charge.  I highly doubt for a company that has everything so automated that they're sitting there trying to screw one guy who hasn't used an account for "months" as he claims.  Maybe he just had two accounts with different cards and mixed them up.  You think after all that effort they went through to screw him, they would just give it back after 5 min on the phone?

Also, what do you think a Terms of Service is if not an agreement to allow them to charge your card?  If this guy issued a chargeback and VoicePulse showed that he had an open account with a phone number, VoicePulse would win and keep his $41.  They did him a favor by giving it back.  He could have very well kept the account open because there was some special 212-55-DAVID phone number that he wanted to reserve and now he no longer wants it and claims he "forgot" about it.

This whole problem could have been avoided if the 5 min had been invested up front to call up and cancel the account properly instead of just forgetting about it and blaming someone else months later...