[asterisk-biz] Calling card setup for Asterisk on Linux

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Fri May 26 03:52:34 MST 2006

Hi,

I am currently running a low cost call shop in Dublin city (Grafton
Street, Dublin 2), Ireland.  Its based on pre-paid scratch cards with a
16 digit code that the customers purchase and enter into the telephones.

Its based on ASTCC, Asterisk and MySql.  Very simple and the shop has
been running since November 1994.

We didn't have a staffing issue because the premises already has a shop
outlet (newsagent) and the staff there sell the cards that are used in
the call chop.  The customers are 80% Chinese (they are the 2nd largest
minority group in Ireland after the Polish) and it was luck that Chinese
people worked in the shop and then they all started using our call shop.

Derek

Derek

oceanlansupport wrote:
> We, Ocean Lan ( http://oceanlan.com ), are currently searching for
> someone very familiar with Asterisk running on Linux.
>
> This person must be able to setup a fully functional Asterisk PBX with
> calling card support. You must be able to configure it correctly and
> offer support from time to time.
>
> For more information please contact support at oceanlan.com
> <mailto:support at oceanlan.com>

Derek Conniffe
Rivertower Ltd
DID Number: 01 440 1806 (International: 00 353 1 440 1806)
Ireland: (Local) 01 440 1800
United Kingdom: 0870 068 2368
International: 00 353 1 440 1800
Derek Conniffe Mobile: 086 856 3823 (International: 00 353 86 856 3823)
Fax: 01 440 1801 (International: 00 353 1 440 1801)
Email: Derek at rivertower.ie
Web: http://www.rivertowerhosting.com