[asterisk-biz] RE: [Asterisk-Users] OT: AudioCodes MP124-C/FSX/AC/SIP

The VoIP Connection asterisk-biz at thevoipconnection.com
Wed May 24 21:30:32 MST 2006

Here are the step by step instructions for setting up a brand new Audiocodes
FXS gateway for use with an Asterisk server:

Connect the gateway to a network switch and connect a computer to the same
switch. Then configure the IP address of the computer to 10.1.10.2. Then run
your web browser and point it to http://10.1.10.10 and login using the
information below.

Default IP address: 10.1.10.10
Default user name: Admin
Default password: Admin

Goto "Quick Setup" and change the following:
IP Address => Set to the new IP address of the AudioCodes gateway
Subnet Mask => Set to the correct netmask for your local network
Default Gateway Address => Set to the correct gateway IP address for your
local network
Working With Proxy => Set to "Yes"
Proxy IP Address => Set to the IP address of the Asterisk server
Enable Registration => Set to "Enable"

Restart the gateway then log back in using the new IP address.

Goto Protocol Management -> Protocol Definition -> Proxy & Registration
Registrar IP Address => Set to the IP address of the Asterisk server
Registration Time => Set to "60"
Subscription Mode => Set to "Per Endpoint"
Authentication Mode => Set to "Per Endpoint"

Goto Protocol Management -> Protocol Definition -> DTMF & Dialing
Max Digits In Phone Num => Set to a large enough number such as "32"

Goto Protocol Management -> Protocol Definition -> Coders
Add coders as needed You need to set at least G.711U-law

Goto Protocol Management -> Endpoint Settings -> Authentication
Set SIP username and password for each port

Goto Protocol Management -> Endpoint Phone Numbers
Enter an extension (phone) number for every used channel

Your AudioCodes gateway is now ready.

Michael Crown
Managing Partner
www.thevoipconnection.com