[asterisk-biz] [OT] GXP-2000 handset audio issue

Lists Lists at ropeguru.com
Tue May 16 06:00:22 MST 2006

may be the problem.
>If you are close to another extension ..wiggle the cord or the plug
until the problem re-appears (use a >softphone if you don't have a real
phone)
>From the outside check that the contacts are clean, if they are then
open up the phone and resolder the jack >connections on the board.
>(Use a very small soldering iron )
>I would check the network connectors at the same time as the cable puts
a strain on the connector(s)
>Don't give up! ......9 times out of ten it's just a bad solder
connection.
>but it may take some detective work to track it down
>Good luck and when you get it working upgrade the firmware(its much
better)
>Henry

Henry,

Thanks for the idea... This issue certainly seems like it is related to some type of detection circuit and not a hard fault such as a bad solder connection. When getting the hanset to work via unplugging and plugging the handset cord I am doing that at the handset and not the phone. So that rules out the issue being at the phone. And with the fact I ahve tried a different handset and cord, I am ruling those out also. So it must be something in the audio circuitry somewhere. And with the crazy things I have heard about the way the phone is designed in regards to the handset and headset setup, it would not surprise me.

Robert