[asterisk-biz] Request for Remote Asterisk Setup and Configuration

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:12:45 MST 2006

Hi all,
I have an hotel as a client for linux services, now he want to open a
new hotel and asked me about a PBX since he know I deal with asterisk.
Being this a big task (I work alone) I want to receive quotes for the
description below:
Feel free to drop your suggestions.

Do you offer remote consulting services?
Such as:
Remote installation and configuration via SSH of:

PBX Asterisk Realtime installation in a Centos 4.2/4.3 with a web
interface and web billing.

Type of customer: Hotel.
rj45 cabled extensions: so far, 250 can go up to 500 or more.
Types of phones: IP phones, probably SIP, not sure to use PoE or not.
Quantity of phones: about 100 to start

Services:
-Since it's an hotel, full PBX service.
-Hold, call transfer, queue (for the receptionists), voicemail,
follow-me, and potentially enable VIP/Management Phones to have
videoconferencing(maybe using Cisco phones), DiD and related hotel
functions.
-Capacity to enable/disable extensions, so when a room is empty, the
phone can be  deactivated.
-Asterisk interfacing with POTS(in/out), E1(in/out voice), and GSM
(out only) gateways.
- Fax Support (send/receive)
-- billing to the extension. it's an hotel so billing must be applied
to almost anything. there are about 5 different rate plans. VIP rooms,
executive rooms, normal rooms, cabins.
-- Did I mention web interface? i know that the people at the hotel
will not dig the CLI, but at least to offer them the most features in
a nice web interface. I can handle the CLI/.conf when needed.
-- I know there are other things, i guess we can discuss them in more
detail if you consider it.

i think if you accept the proposition, we can break the configurations
in the following way:
- asterisk configuration
- extensions creation
- voicemail setup
- phone setup
- fax setup
- billing setup
- am i missing something?

Shall we run Asterisk Business Edition? CVS? or stable release?
I can get hp proliant servers here.
sangoma or digium cards also. (does the digium suffer from the IRQ stuff still)

In terms of hardware I was thinking:
the asterisk server to handle sip clients
the database server for billing and potentially for voicemail/fax
should I use another server for the e1/pots connection? Probably it
will be two or 3 E1s with DiD, potentially there will be no pots lines
just E1 and the GSM gateways use FXS ports or can be accessed via SIP
(SIP to GSM gateways)

This will be my first big client (I work alone) so that's why i want
to hire the configuration services from an expert and then learn from
there.

I think you can make one setup of each service and i can replicate the
rest, saving both time, and money(at least for me).

BTW, I'm located in Panama, central america.
My cellphone is +507-6694-4780