[asterisk-biz] Large System

Michael Welter mike at telecommatters.net
Wed Mar 29 11:04:30 MST 2006

I've promised myself that I would never go back to channel banks and
analog phones.  Since that time, Digium have released the TDM2400P.  At
over $100/port, this is $100K+ in TDM cards.  With ~40 cards, we're
talking at least 10 servers.  The advantage is that the existing Cat3
can be reused.  Should I consider analog?

I installed Cortelco phones (with Adtran 750s) in my last analog system,
and the customer is *very* dissatisfied with the speakerphone quality
(they expect Polycom quality in a $50 phone).  Can anyone recommend a
inexpensive, single line analog speaker phone with CID display?

Thanks,

--
Michael Welter
Telecom Matters Corp.