[asterisk-biz] Re: GSM Gateway and Asterisk - No callerID

Conrad Wood asterisk-biz at conradwood.net
Tue Mar 14 13:06:50 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 19:03 +0100, Aldo Bergamini wrote:
> asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:
>
> >> And (BTW) is anyone getting callerID info from those boxes?
> >
> >I'm using a stone-age X101p for testing this box and that isn't getting
> >callerid, but I have not tried too hard. Apparently I first need to
> >top-up my Tesco Mobile sim to receive calls and for that it seems I need
> >a non-compulsory entirely voluntary tesco club-card ;)
>
> Hmm, this is luckily not related to CallerID coding....

It is indirectly, because without topping up at least once on a
pay-as-you-go tesco-mobile card you won't get your phonenumber, thus
can't call the gateway and that's why I don't know whether and how it
does callerid for incoming calls. Until I get a permanent sim-card (and
I haven't yet decided provider) I don't want to spend too much time on
this device.

Conrad