[asterisk-biz] T1 Y cable

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Mon Mar 13 16:47:26 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 14:12 -0500, Matt wrote:
> Kevin,
> I just installed a TE210P.  Since I see you work at Digium, presumably
> you know what you are talking about.
>
> If what you saw is correct.. then what are the different blink 'codes'?

I guess the different blink codes show the state of the link/card :)

> For instance.. if I bring ZAP up without a PRI cable connected it kind
> of dims up and then dims down.
> If I unload the zap module... then it flashes back and forth like a
> school bus and finally shuts off.
>
> You are saying even when it shuts off, it will still try to terminate
> the PRI line?

Kevin said that the card affect the electrical properties of the link
even when the machine is powered off.

I started looking at the physical layer specs on the T1 interface. One
should be able to rig a (reliable) workable solution with a couple of
cheap transistors. The trick would then be to signal the device which T1
card it should signal the link to. This could be done via the serial,
parallel or USB port.

(Another hidden problem is powering the cicuit, but this can be done
from the serial/parallel/usb interface).

Best regards,
Herman Webley