[Asterisk-biz] Any advise on replacing an existing analog installation with Asterisk

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Thu Mar 9 05:11:09 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 20:07 -0500, C F wrote:
> If you have to ask, then it's time you hire a shopper.
>
> On 3/8/06, Herman Webley <herman.webley at blitzllc.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 19:28 -0400, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> >
> > > I beg to differ. Channel banks are a dime a dozen (500$ ish), quad cards
> > > are 1500$ish list, complete setup 500*9+1500*3=9000$. Replacing phones
> > > with IP phones is at least 125$ for not-completely-ghetto-phone each -
> > > meaning at least 25k$ for the phones, not to mention necessary rewiring
> > > from cat1 to cat5.
> >
> > Where can one get channels banks for $500?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Herman

Your response suggests that it should be obvious where to find channel
banks for $500. For clarity, I mean 24 FXS to T1 or IP. They should be
new and have warranties. Also I would need to be able to buy similarly
priced replacement/expansion units in the future.

Are there cost effective channel banks or gateways out there that offer
higher densities than a single T1? I haven't even been able to find many
E1 channel banks / gateways.

Best regards,
Herman Webley