[asterisk-biz] 911

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 16:56:22 MST 2006

On 3/7/06, Tim Booth <tbooth at visioncom.us> wrote:
> I agree with you completely. It sound like there are loop holes and many

Wrong, these are not loop holes but what the FCC intended.

> providers can call their solution compliant. Personally speaking my

Again, wrong, you should have said: 'many providers are compliant'.
Anyhow, I'm glad you are not on the FCC board.

> company will not put any outbound DID into service unless my client can
> use it in the event of an emergency.  To be successful in selling

Good for you.

> "voip-dialtone" the client wants it to be just like their PSTN lines at
> a lower flat rate. Would you put your employees life's in jeopardy to
> save 15 bucks a month? I wouldn't.

No, I would spend the training to tell them they have to use the
backup phone that is connected to POTS, and NO I wouldn't tell them to
get VoIP by your company.

> Tim Booth
> President
> VisionCom
> 207-828-4600
> Office VoIP 207-618-1419
> WIFI VoIP  207-321-2789
>
> NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This e-mail and any attachments thereto is intended only for use by the
> addressee(s) named herein and may be proprietary and/or legally
> privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
> are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
> this email, and any attachments thereto, without the prior written
> permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
> e-mail in error, please immediately telephone or e-mail the sender and
> permanently delete the original copy and any copy of this e-mail, and
> any printout thereof. All documents, contracts or agreements referred or
> attached to this e-mail are SUBJECT TO CONTRACT.

Does that mean that Google can't index this?

> The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software
> viruses that may your own computer system. While Vision Systems Inc. has
> taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, we cannot
> accept liability for any damage that you sustain as a result of software
> viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any
> attachment.

Thanks for these huge long signatures. Do you think that a virus
coming from your machine in the form of an email will make sure to
grab this notice?