[asterisk-biz] 911

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Mar 6 21:00:37 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 18:00 -0700, Matt Larsen - Lists wrote:
> Bret,
>
> Is there any good documentation out there to back up what you are
> saying?  A good place to get the 4 requirements for e911?
>
> Thanks!

As I have posted before here it is again :)
laymans site (not totally binding)
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/voip911.html

Not the FCC order but close enough :)  I am too lazy now to find the
real order which was made June 3, 2005
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-05-2358A1.pdf

"Interconnected VoIP service” means an interconnected Voice over
Internet Protocol (VoIP) service that:
(1) enables real-time, two-way voice communications;

(2) requires a broadband connection from the user’s location;

(3) requires Internet protocol-compatible customer premises equipment;
and

(4) permits users generally to receive calls that originate on the
public switched telephone network and to terminate calls to the public
switched telephone network.

>From page 1

Belfast Ireland +44 02890 996 461   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378