[asterisk-biz] Broadvoice

Mark mark at asteriskswitch.com
Thu Mar 2 21:01:42 MST 2006

I had two old Broadvoice accounts that I had held on to to use as backup
BYOD Lite plans. I never used either of them much however when I did I
frequently found that most rural destinations in Mexico were unreachable.

In January I tried to use one of the accounts and it did not work at
all. Tech support confirmed that the account was not working. They
suggested that I create a new account and cancel the old one, however
that defeated the purpose of holding on to the old account, and that was
the phone number that was attached to it. The account did not work still
a couple of days later so I cancelled it acording to the instructions on
the web site, and that the tech support person gave me. Only after the
next billing (about two weeks) did they cancel the account. They also
said they could not refund that charge for a non working account.I
responded that they should credit my other BYOD lite account with the
difference or I would simply cancel it as well. They agreed to credit my
second account although never did. In the following days ,my visa card
was charged four times for on the average about 9 dollars each time, in
addition to the normal charges.  I cancelled the remaining account after
seeing this, they charged me again before cancelling the second account
and offered no refund. On they second account they also tried to charge
me a cancellation fee claiming that I had their device, however all of
my accounts were BYOD light with them, and BYOD light is only available
with a non Broadvoice supplied adapter. Not to mention even with their
device when an account is over a year old they claim they do not charge
that, but still tried!

Broadvoice's billing (after cancelling) has been a nightmare. their tech
support sucks, and they continue charging me for cancelled accounts,
goods and services that they have not provided.I have tried to
communicate with them since the charges in January and calls to tech
support or billing frequently cut off and you have to start all over
again. I am happy I will not be dealing with Broadvoice, nor would I
recommend them to anyone for any purpose whatsoever.It reminds me of
trying to cancel AOL years ago, when they kept charging me. Also there
are a fair amount of posts on Voxilla.com and Broadbandreports.com about
Broadvoice reniging on unlimited plans, and going months back and
charging the user excessively, however I can not address that as I only
had BYOD light plans.

Mark de Leon