[asterisk-biz] Re: Asterisk + VoiceXML

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Jun 30 12:07:44 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 18:16 +0100, Marco Mouta wrote:
> As far as i know, there's only SIPx with OpenVXI as VoiceXML interpreter Engine.
>
> In the past i've also used PublicVoiceXML integrating as my final
> thesis Microsoft SAPI 5.1 SDK for ASR.
>
> By the way PublicVoiceXML also used OpenVxi for the VoiceXML
> interpreter, so i can conclude that the most stable opensource
> VoicexML interpreter should be OpenVXI.
>
> not sure if last version in SIPx (OpenVXI 3.0) stills
> OpSource...PVX3.0 used OpenVXI2.1 i think.
>
> I think it would be very good for Asterisk this integration, but ASR
> and TTS Engines price will always be an obstacle...

sphinx and festival are free, and thus for dev purposes and compliance
with voicexml 2.0 you could use those, and if someone opts to upgrade
they have that as an option.

However when dealing with them the mrcp should be used and I am unsure
of the status of mrcp for festival and sphinx.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!