[asterisk-biz] Re: Asterisk + VoiceXML

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Fri Jun 30 11:38:31 MST 2006

Marco Mouta wrote:
> As far as i know, there's only SIPx with OpenVXI as VoiceXML interpreter
> Engine.
>
> In the past i've also used PublicVoiceXML integrating as my final
> thesis Microsoft SAPI 5.1 SDK for ASR.
>
> By the way PublicVoiceXML also used OpenVxi for the VoiceXML
> interpreter, so i can conclude that the most stable opensource
> VoicexML interpreter should be OpenVXI.
>
> not sure if last version in SIPx (OpenVXI 3.0) stills
> OpSource...PVX3.0 used OpenVXI2.1 i think.
>
> I think it would be very good for Asterisk this integration, but ASR
> and TTS Engines price will always be an obstacle...

Well, for testing purposes you could also do the following:

1. Sign up for a Developer account with Voxeo (www.voxeo.com)
2. Build and deploy your VoiceXML app
3. Use SIP to connect to Voxeo and run your VoiceXML app.

Voxeo has been accepting SIP-based connections into their platform way back
since around early 2002.

Flynn