[asterisk-biz] Update: REMWAVE Carrier Solution

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Fri Jun 30 12:51:04 MST 2006

Hi Nikolai,

Quoting Nikolai Manek <manek at nikotel.com>:

> After releasing our free VoIP carrier solution yesterday we got lots of
> questions from which I would like answer a couple in this group:
>
> 1. The billing core is running on Oracle 10g but it is NOT necessary to
> purchase a full Oracle license for setup. Up to 2GB of customer data (which
> is a lot!) the solution is optimized to run on Oracle Express 10g which is
> free for development and deployment. After outgrowing this database there
> are several options for getting cutting edge Oracle solutions at reasonable
> pricing on an annual payment base. Our solution is scaling from thousands to
> millions of customers from day one. But as I said: it is completely free for
> smaller (a couple thousand users are no problem) deployments on Oracle
> Express which can be downloaded here:
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html

I think the default disk space required for one minimal database in
oracle is 2GB, so it outgrows their basic requirement to jump on using
commercial option from the day one.

But It would be great to check out remwave's carrier solution :)

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,
Enterux Solutions,