[asterisk-biz] $0.0000 USA SIP to PSTN VoIP Termination

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Jun 25 08:54:00 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 08:01 -0700, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 20:40 +1000, Craig Lawrence wrote:
> > Free calls to USA and Canada...
> >
> > It looks like someone else has worked out how to interop with Skype?  Or
> > it's just another 'sound' business model.
> >
> > http://www.icall.com/index.php
> >
> > Cheers

I dug a little bit and it appears that its free while its in beta.  They
appear to use sip, and they even have sip.icall.com however the proxy
rejects auth on the web username/pw, will keep playing.

They have provisions on their site to buy services, they are planning on
having more based on what I saw, but they are new, and instead of paying
QA people they are releasing it to the world (potentially) in exchange
for a little bit of demographic information (likely sold off but I dont
know either way - but why collect it if you dont use it?).

Ultimately I think they will shut this off soon, although many have
reported problems with the windows client (of which I have yet to
download) which makes me think that they may stay in testing for a
while.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!