Skype + SIP (was: Re: [asterisk-biz] Skype Free International Calls)

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jun 22 20:08:15 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 20:57 +0500, Rehan AllahWala wrote:
> That is Great,
>
> I am going to install the SIP Plugin for firefox.
>
> BUT let SKYPE GROW, eventually THEY WILL open it up, and it is OK that its not open at
> this time, because then they need to make money also.

Well they dont have to open it at all if they provided a real API.  What
they call an API is really just using their GUI and simulating mouse
clicks and stuff via dbus.  If they had libskype.so for example that let
you actually write code and integrate it with other projects, that would
be great..  They could still keep everything they do just as secret as
they do today.

Oddly this would actually help them a bit, since there are people that
sell on ebay that have a real business requiring multiple
inbound/outbound calls off one account.  Skype makes using it in a
business environment more difficult.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!