[asterisk-biz] Skype Free International Calls

Rehan AllahWala rehan at supertec.com
Thu Jun 22 05:48:19 MST 2006

In My Opinion, This is a VERY Smart move by skype, no matter how much we cry, but US is
far behind in IM usage then many many other countries.

The amount of IM being used in China, I have seen is un beliveable, and skype is with
EVERY ONE, that's one of the main reasons Ebay paid so much money to Skype.

MSN is also very very highly used, every person i meet there, They seem to be on msn if not
skype.

I personally feel that this move from skype will encourage north american users to not be
scared of the power and usage of the net and maybe they will embrase it.

The US Govt and Media scare's people way way too much, from what is out there, as if there
are alien's living in other countries.

Way to go skype !!!

Rehan

> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 21:57 +1000, Craig Lawrence wrote:
> > Can anyone make sense of Skype's business model? See this...
> >
> > http://www.amperordirect.com/pc/r-skype-news/z-news-062106a.html
> >
> > I assume I'm missing something.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Near as I can tell they are doing this as a loss leader to build a brand
> name and market acceptance.  IE build their user base so it can become
> profitable.
>
> They are also fighting the war against companies like sony and google
> that advertise this great new voip thing that doesnt let you do any pstn
> interconnection.  Companies like those, while their product may be good
> or not (and that doesnt matter for this point) create the illusion that
> voip cant bridge to regular telephones.  That is also why vonage so
> aggressively advertises that you can infact call and receive calls "to
> regular telephones".
>
> At least that is how I see it on this issue, I may be wrong, but if
> anything I am willing to bet that I am right, even if its not the whole
> motive.
>

> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
> Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
> Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
> US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
> http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!

Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.SuperTec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, Today!

MSN: Rehan at Rehan.com
Skype: Rehan33