[asterisk-biz] Crosstalk

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Jun 21 03:47:48 MST 2006

Asterisk wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced a crosstalk
> happening between agents in queue? What could possibly be causing this
> in E1 world?
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

I have this happen at least once a day on a 4,000 plus calls a day call
center using a T3.

I checked the CDR in two cases and there were separate calls on
*different* ZAP channels that made their way to agents.  Similar to
someone calling in using 3-way or conference on the remote side.  I
confirmed with the the CDR from our carrier that there were in fact two
different calls at almost the same time with the same ANI and DNIS which
lets Asterisk off the hook as the culprit.

I will spend more time making sure that this is the case for all crossed
calls and not an "Asterisk Issue" as I automatically assumed before
investigating more.  I am not prepared to let * totally off the hook
until I track down more samples of "crossed lines" as the agents call it.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro