[asterisk-biz] $0.0090 US 48 Premium SIP Termination

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue Jun 13 13:46:52 MST 2006

Mike Fedyk a écrit :

> Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
>
>> Vijay Shan a écrit :
>>
>>> Jean,
>>>
>>> Results do not take into account Busy or cancelled by caller, which
>>> means less than 5% really fail.
>>

>> But that is _NOT_ how you're supposed to measure ASR by any kind of
>> industry standard.
>>
>> As far as I'm aware, measuring ASR is simple: 100 * (Answered calls /
>> Total call attempts).
>
> Ok, feel free to smack me with a cold tuna if I'm off my rocker, but
> how does ASR measure anything having to do with the services offered
> when it is a measure based on the people who are called?

<cold-tuna>*splat*</cold-tuna>

The thing is, once you start having some decent, and unless you have a
large client who sends you lots of crappy traffic (because you are last
in their routing and so you get all the non-existent numbers and so on),
the people who are called are sufficiently diverse for the statistic to
become meaningful.

Otherwise you would have to make a distinction for busy, wrong number,
fast-busy, and so on...

Now I agree, it might not be the best metric in the world, but it's
simple to understand, easy to measure, and is widely accepted in the
industry. Multiply it with the ACD (Average Call Duration) and the
margin, and you have a good idea on how valuable the route is to you.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom