[asterisk-biz] VoicePulse's API for Asterisk Developers

Chris Liu voicepulseasteriskbiz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 07:09:54 MST 2006

VoicePulse is excited to announce that Asterisk users and developers
can now integrate their custom applications and PBXs with VoicePulse's
award-winning SIP/IAX termination services!

Customers of the VoicePulse Connect for Asterisk service can now make
the following function calls from almost any programming language,
including directly from Asterisk's extension.conf without using an
external AGI, to interface with VoicePulse:

# GetActivePhoneNumbers:
Gets a list of all active phone numbers on your account, useful for an
auto-configuration utility

# GetAvailablePhoneNumberStates:
Gets a list of states where we offer phone numbers to purchase, useful
for reselling service

# GetAvailablePhoneNumberAreaCodes:
Gets a list of area codes where we offer phone numbers to purchase,
useful for reselling service

# GetAvailablePhoneNumberRateCenters:
Gets a list of rate centers where we offer phone numbers to purchase,
useful for reselling service

# GetAvailablePhoneNumbers:
Gets a list of full 10-digit numbers available for purchase, useful
for reselling service

# ActivatePhoneNumbers:
Purchase a phone number, activated instantly, useful for reselling service

# DeactivatePhoneNumbers:
Release a phone number, deactivated instantly, useful for reselling service

# GenerateReport:
Schedule a CDR report to be generated, useful for reselling service

# GetGeneratedReports:
Download a previously generated report, useful for reselling service

# GetBalance:
Get the hourly-updated balance on your account, useful for reselling service

# RefillNow:
Add credit to your account, useful for reselling service

# GetCredentials:
Get the SIP username/password for the trunks on your account, useful
for creating an auto-configuration utility

# GetFlexRate:
Get real-time pricing for a destination based on the phone number,
useful for least-cost-routing

Users of SOAP/XML can automatically generate proxy classes using the
provided WSDL files, while users of non-SOAP compliant languages may
use a simple HTTP post.  To protect your account's sensitive data, all
connections to the API are encrypted using SSL/HTTPS.

For a sample of how to use the API for integration into a PBX, please
check out the FreePBX/TrixBox auto-configuration plugin that is now
included in the TrixBox ISO.  The plugin is also available in the
VoicePulse Connect for Asterisk Account Center on the
Asterisk at Home/TrixBox page.

If you'd like to speak with one of our Customer Service
representatives or have detailed API questions for our engineers, you
can call +1-732-339-5100 (M-F 9am-7pm ET) or email
contact at voicepulse.com.

Regards,

Chris Liu
VoicePulse Connect for Asterisk
Web: http://connect.voicepulse.com/
Tel: +1-732-339-5100 M-F 9am-7pm ET
Email: contact-at-voicepulse-dot-com

Only Asterisk-based ITSP to be awarded PC WORLD's Best Buy and PC
Magazine's Best VoIP Provider of the Year