[asterisk-biz] Softswitch Required

info at go4calls.com info at go4calls.com
Sun Jun 11 23:40:17 MST 2006

Hi All,

I wanted to setup asterisk as a Gatekeeper to route calls only Over IP  to
the carriers, i will not use any ZAP/SS7/TDM or IVR.
Here is what i want to do in asterisk

- User Registration
- Routing Calls to carriers Over IP
- Call counting via PERL AGI
- Codec translation with G729, if required according to end user and
carriers

This Asterisk configuration i want to run on Virtual Server, with 1 GB
dedicated RAM. But the bandwith is still not decided.

Please give me an idea for 200 cuncurent calls on these configuration, how
many badwith required? Is Virtual Server will be enough to do this Job?

Thank You
VoIP Community
www.go4calls.com