[asterisk-biz] Softswitch Required

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Sun Jun 11 16:46:06 MST 2006

Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> Things that I am excited about:
>
> 1. Lots of SIP fixes from Olle

Will this help with reinvites with asterisk behind nat?

I've tried this with 1.2.9.1 and had problems where the ITSP sees the
internal address of the NATed asterisk box.  Here is the network config:

Polycom 301 ->
Internal-A (192.168.x.x) ->
Asterisk-A/NAT ->
(Public Internet) ->
NAT ->
Internal-B (10.x.x.x) ->
Asterisk-B ->
NAT ->
(Public Internet) ->
SIP ITSP (Teliax)

I have tried various combinations of nat and canreinvite settings in
sip.conf but I'm still getting only reinvite functionality.

If I use IAX2 between asterisk-a and asterisk-b there aren't any
problems of course. I need to do some testing taking the ITSP out of the
equation, but I'm concerned that the ITSP is seeing the internal IP
address from Internal-B.

Mike