[asterisk-biz] Softswitch Required

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jun 10 23:17:24 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 02:03 -0400, William Piper wrote:
> If you've got money to burn, checkout Sylantro and Broadsoft.
>
> FYI, Sysmaster, according to some sources, looks to have been built on
> Asterisk. http://www.sineapps.com/news.php?rssid=313
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-November/067919.html
> I'm not saying it is true, but... obviously Jar Jar thinks so.
>
> bp
>
> On 6/11/06, alex at pilosoft.com <alex at pilosoft.com> wrote:
>         On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Abdul Lateef wrote:
>
>         > HI,
>         >
>         > MetaSwitch looks good.
>         >
>         > What is your openion guys about MVTS (Mera) and Sysmaster,
>         is MetaSwitch
>         > is better than these switches?
>         That's the funniest thing I heard all year.
>
>         You are comparing scooter and a bike with a Ferrari.

there is a big cost difference between at least metaswitch and mera as
well.  mera can be had for tens of thousands where metaswitch is
hundreds of thousands and up..  Of course that depends on what features
or cards you get with it, but ...

I have heard good things about both of them though, depending on
application.  Havent heard anything either way on sysmaster.

To a point you may find that one system does more than another but if
its stuff you dont need it ends up being a cost that you dont need
either.  However there is a big difference between mera/metaswitch and
asterisk that is more than just price.  This isnt a slam against
asterisk, they are just different tools for slightly different jobs.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com we pay you to terminate calls with us!