[asterisk-biz] Slightly OT - Covad VOA

Michael Young myoung at netlogic.net
Wed Jun 7 22:12:32 MST 2006

If I have it right, Covad only sells their own hosted VoIP solution on a
retail basis. They won't offer that solution to the wholesalers, but
they do offer the transport piece (these VOA circuits) to the
wholesalers.

So I guess my answer would be "similar, but different". You're right,
they have no real Asterisk knowledge. When we sell these we (NetLogic)
provide the Asterisk support and help interfacing everything. We open
tickets with Covad when needed for circuit down issues.

My guess is that you weren't a suitable candidate because you already
had your own PBX (Asterisk) and they didn't want to deal with
interfacing to it.

Michael