[asterisk-biz] Fraud

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Tue Jun 6 13:37:28 MST 2006

So what happens if I use rate check macros and they return a reasonable
cost? Chris from voicepulse and Brian from plainvoip can answer me. Do
you guarantee the rates returned or not?

Anybody accepting paypal, plastic, echecks, etc. needs to do proper risk
management. I had a customer who didn't want to pay for the time
involved in customizing his code for that purpose. I explained various
techniques that needed to be added to his system. One very simple
example is a limit on how many cards a shopper can try at checkout time.
I told him that if he didn't follow my advice I would still implement
what he wanted as long as the specs and waivers were signed. Now he is
an ex-customer with 3 stores offline for over a week now because the new
"guru" broke everything. Face it, some people should stick with brick
and mortar stores.