[asterisk-biz] RMA - Who should pay for the shipping?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Thu Jun 1 10:32:34 MST 2006

Hi,

Let me preface this with a note that I am new to the reseller business,
so I am not familiar with established norms, hence this message (and why
I am leaving out the name of the vendor).

I setup a reseller account with a vendor (and passed on the savings to
the client) and ordered 9 spa-841 phones for a client and one of them
didn't work properly (two numbers registered when one key was pressed).

Now I need to RMA the phone.  The vendor says they will pay for shipping
of another phone to me, but not for the shipping of the phone to them.
This did not seem unreasonable to me, but my client is complaining they
have to pay for any shipping at all.  And they want to talk to the
vendor, which I don't feel comfortable doing since I am in a reseller
relationship with them.

So what should I do?  Try to get the vendor to pay for shipping both
ways for a phone that didn't work or realize I have a cheap client, eat
the cost of shipping and bill them for the time?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike