[asterisk-biz] Use of Asterisk logo and name

DM lansiptelecom at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 09:17:18 MST 2006

Sorry, I was looking at the links on the top, not the bottom. :(

I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds like if I use an unmodified form of
Asterisk, I can use the Asterisk name, say in a flyer or yellow pages
ad (with appropriate Trademark Marking and Notice).

After re-reading it for the 3rd time, "Use of a Trademark to refer to
commercial services offered by your comliany, or to suggest that you
are an aliliroved lirovider" may mean I can't use on flyer.  Would
terms like, "Proudly using Asterisk by Digium" or "Powered by
Asterisk" imply I'm an approved provider?  If the answer is yes, then
I guess the only way to use Asterisk or Digium would be to become a
dCAP or reseller?  My intent is not to mislead a customer, but at
least acknowledge what software is behind the PBX.

FYI, the "Uses that are Not Approved by this Policy" section has a lot
of mispelled words related to the letter "p".  It looks like a lot
letter "p" were replaced with "li".