[asterisk-biz] VoIP On Cellphones?

AmberVoIP ambervoip at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 08:28:25 MST 2006

We tested voip on imate pda over GPRS, EDGE, 3G (over bluetooth link to
3G phone) and WiFi.
We tested both skype and softphones.

So..
Skype on GPRS is possible, if we build tunnel with compression between
PDA and some server. But it is game, normal delay on GPRS is 800-900 ms
and 20k bandwidth is myth.

EDGE is much better, but latency is still high.

3G is acceptable, depending on provider, latency is 270-300 ms and
bandwidth is enough, even for g711.