[asterisk-biz] What's wrong with CallCenter traffic?

Nic Hughes nicolas.h at virgin.net
Mon Jul 17 13:11:05 MST 2006

> From: voiplist <gotvoip at gmail.com>
>

> Question..
>
> I often see origination/termination providers say they don't accept
> CallCenter traffic or they charge more for it.
>
> Why?
>
> Is there some bad mojo when it comes to call center traffic? If so,
> all call centers or just some?

A call centre running an auto-dialler could be a less than optimal
customer. The way these businesses work they dial more calls out than
they actually have the staff to handle so lots of calls get terminated
by the system in the event that anyone tries to pick up. Lots of load on
your system only a portion of which actually ends up in a revenue
generating call.

Then if they turn out to be one of the less well behaved call centres
the termination provider may find themselves the target of first
instance for any annoyed responses from people being pestered.

--
Nic