[asterisk-biz] (((LRE Asterisk)))

equip sourcing dept lists at klondike.com
Wed Jul 12 11:07:06 MST 2006

Bob:

Your question is kind of obtuse, Asterisk is an application that runs
over an IP network, not sure if you're going to get much of a response.
Should be worded as anyone using LRE over cat2/cat3 cabling in
hotels/offices for networking.

Distance is going to be your enemy here so answer is probably won't
work.   Your choices are putting an ADSL DSLAM in the basement and an
ADSL modem in the room, a TUT systems Ethernet may work, or Ethernet
over Powerline.  All of which we've done.

Let me know if you need any more information, but to give you a direct
answer we'd need more info on the building you're working on in terms of
run lenths, number of rooms/offices, required speeds.

Hope this helps

Clay S Perreault
Phase Global Limited