[asterisk-biz] PBX Hosting -- what VOIP company

Test Account herisson12 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 22:43:38 MST 2006

Hi -- I have a question part business, part architecture. (and I am kind of
newbie in this field...)

I am working with a company that want to expand their line of products and
enter the hosted PBX market. They want to develop a special PBX
application/IVR for a vertical market, and they will host it.
They plan on using Asterisk -- having the server being SIP only (no FXO/FXS
card).

As a PBX hosting, they also need to provide phone numbers, and access for
PSTN (for incoming calls and outgoing calls to their customers).
So they are looking for a VOIP company that can provide this. Looking at
various VOIP comapnies in the US -- I have a hard time filtering out the
various services provided by these companies, and understand exactly who is
providing what.
We need

   - the ability to order DID (on behalf of our customers), having them
   forward to the Asterisk server
   - Support for outgoing calls - made by our customers
   - A billing system that will allow us to correctly charge per
   customer.

Obviously we dont want our customers to go to the VOIP company to pay/order
for any service -- our hosting company should do this on their behalf.

What VOIP company is providing this type of business. Any recommendation.
**
Also, is there any recommend whitepaper/documentation about the PBX hosting
business.

Thanks,

Rob