[asterisk-biz] RE: Bottom end of the market for an Asterisk PBX ?

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 09:05:26 MST 2006

If you are that price conscious then a good quality (ie. Asterisk on good
hardware) phone system is not for you IMHO.  You are better off with a
Bizfone or Talkswitch analog system.  Panasonic makes a real cheap digital
key system.

Going cheap on Asterisk is just not a good thing IMHO!  Cheap SIP phones are
no where near as good as cheap analog phones for the most basic and
important functionality of talking and listening.  I certainly will not get
myself caught in some project that want's dirt cheap and expects good
quality sound and basic functions that consistently work.  That is nothing
but a recipe for failure.

Just my opinion.