[asterisk-biz] RE: Bottom end of the market for an Asterisk PBX ?

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Thu Jul 6 06:23:00 MST 2006

Snip.

> * is not low-end, in fact for our purposes, it is likely the
highest-end
> product that we found.  People have to stop confusing open-source with
> low quality.  Do you consider Firefox a low-end browser?

Or Linux a low-end OS?, Open-Source is a toolkit, once in a while you
are able to find a well-made multi-function tool, but if you realize
that while you may not have the exact tool you need, you have all the
raw materials and full run and access to the machine shop.

On a downside your machine shop tends to reconfigure itself every once
in a while, as others come in and add/change the tools!! But unlike
closed-source options at least you can see the changes!