[asterisk-biz] RE: Bottom end of the market for an Asterisk PBX ?

Stephen Wingfield steve at bicom.us
Wed Jul 5 08:27:22 MST 2006

Thanking you GlobalOfficePhone,

Typical server of about 4000 USD with Dual Xeon, 4Gb should deliver 120 concurrent calls while supporting other services. Of course this should be benchmarked if you wish to rely on this. We do with all our appliances.

If your customers are in a normal business environment and not a call center,  you should expect about 1 in 7 to be making a phone call as a peak. This was the ratio I referred to.

120 * 7 = 800+

(of course the above is very simplified from a technical aspect, but hope there is some insight to different business models)

Steve