[asterisk-biz] Bottom end of the market for an Asterisk PBX ?

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Mon Jul 3 16:51:06 MST 2006

Paul Matthews wrote:
> Does anyone in this list have any success selling Asterisk PBXs to the
> very small end of the market. I was planning a 5 -15 user pbx product,
> with dedicated network, installation and support for about £3-3500 in
> the UK ( about $5000) .  Some advice offered elsewhere suggested that
> Asterisk was a product for 15-200 seats and it was doubtful below that
> number whether the very small SMEs would be interested. Would others
> tend to agree? If so, I need to rethink my strategy
Ype, that's mostly what we do. We sell a AstLinux based system with
Polycom phones, 2-4 SPA3000 FXO units, support and minutes, we lease the
PBX and sell the phones. The lease covers unlimited minutes, support and
the PBX. However, our long distance charges are outrageous so there is a
market. I doubt we could sell the same thing in a major market.

--
Chris Mason
(264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com