[asterisk-biz] FXO/FXS devices

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Sun Jul 2 02:28:21 MST 2006

Hello guys,

I have lot of TDM2400 running everywhere in France, Europe and North Africa
with great success.
If the PC running Asterisk is not so far of the analog lines, this is the
best solution in my opinion.
You can easyly use two of this cards inside an alone PC with sufficient
processor power and, of course good industrial power supply (remember that
this card sucks 110/130 W if 24 FXS ports are ringing together in the same
time), and good FAN cooling (except if you run only FXO ports) !
The echocan run well.

And, if you buy Digium cards, you support them for their excellent job and
future developments, of course ;-)

If you are too far away from the lines or if you have tons of FXS for Hotel,
Campus or big building, gateways are better to avoid too much load to your
main Asterisk server though. Their echocan normaly run well.

I distribute Aliwei chinese gateways and I am realy very impressive by their
quality and low cost.

Of course, you can also distribute the load to several Asterisk servers
instead of gateways, one by zone, with lower power than an alone bigger one,
and push all the traffic to the main one if necessary.

Good luck for your projects.

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET,
France.