[asterisk-biz] Plea to support a much neededfunctionforCallCenters in Asterisk.

Nicolás Gudiño asterisk at house.com.ar
Fri Jan 27 09:34:22 MST 2006

> 	Any deal that does not put this back into the community is not
> 	considered a good deal.
>

>> I disagree.  If he has something that he has developed and wants to sell
>> it for $20 or $50 (or more depending on the value of the feature to the
>> end user), I would call that a good deal.

If it's an independent software not linked to asterisk, that's ok. But a
modification to the asterisk GPL source code, requiring you to buy a
commercial license because they are not willing to contribute the
modifications back to the community, then it is *not* in the GPL spirit,
and IMHO not a good deal at all.

It's like Didium selling a commercial version with features NOT INCLUDED
in the GPL version. I'm sure nobody will like something like that,
specially because of the disclaimers/dual license model.

Just my 2 cents..

--
Nicolás Gudiño <nicolas at house.com.ar>
Buenos Aires - Argentina